2007-07-03

Bates Battaglia re-signed.

Chris says:

Battaglia has resigned with Leafs

650k a year for two years.

Bates did a great job stepping up last year when the Leafs were reeling from all their injuries. He showed a lot of grit and a lot of heart. I don't know if he'll be playing with the big club to start, but I certainly think he has the potential to crack the roster. Either way he's a good player to call up if we lose someone over the course of the season.

Overall, I'd say the signing was a good thing.

Steve says:

I mostly agree, but I don't think he'll even make the big team unless there is an injury. We have better players who will force him out of the line....Unless he has a fantastic season with the Marlies, I think he'll be part of a trade later in the season....maybe something with Raycroft as a package deal...

No comments: