2007-06-26

UFA's

Steve:
I hear a lot of rumours about the Leafs going after Ryan Smyth, Captain Canada. Before his trade to NYI, I never would have thought of him as going anywhere except Edmonton...but now....?

Also, Jason Blake would be decent, and a hell of a lot cheaper!...but the rumour is that he is not good in the dressing room...I'm guessing that refers to some kind of morale issue..i dunno...but I bet the Toronto media would kick his ass into shape fast enough... maybe Toronto will make good on the McCabe/ Smyth rumour...but I don't think there would be much point if we lost McCabe, only to get Blake....if anything it would do more harm than good

I just think it would be good if we could drop some salary and get a real good winger for the 1st line...

In un-Leaf-related news, the Sens have yet to sign Ray Emery...and they still suck!

No comments: