2007-06-28

The Bet

Chris says:


In last year's drive to the playoff's Steve and I made a bet with each other.


Steve thought the Leaf's would edge into a playoff spot and I thought it was possible but unlikely. The stakes of the bet was that the loser would have to come to the winner's hometown and pay for a month's worth Leaf TV. As well, the bet had to be paid off by the time the next season rolled around.


Steve likes to claim that I was being disloyal to our team. I prefer to think of it as being realistic. Just because I root for a team, doesn't mean that I'm not able to accurately judge when I don't think they'll make the playoffs.


In short. Pay up Steve.


Steve says:


As if !


Would Adrian bet against Rocky? Would Bonnie bet against Clyde? Would Jermaine vote against Tito?


I feel to a degree that the Leafs had just that much less support from you and in some wacky hippie Karmic way you made them lose, or made Jersey lose that all important game because you want Leafs TV...or maybe you don't even care so much about the channel, and just want to win the bet to soothe your ego about how "hockey smart" you are.


You'll get your "blood money" this summer...and I hope whenever you are watching that channel (which is not possible to get in Ottawa...grrr) I hope you remember the day when you cheered AGAINST the hopes and dreams of the Leaf Nation!


No comments: