2007-08-23

Peca a Blue Jacket

Chris Says:
Our loss is Columbus' gain.

Peca signed a one year deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets. I know the Leafs were trying to massage some numbers to bring him back into the fold but for whatever reason that fell through.

No word on his salary yet.

I would have liked to have seen what the man could have accomplished had his season not been cut short in such a drastic fashion.

Steve says:
I'm on the fence. One side says that he was great on the p/k so it would be nice to have that, but I also know that out goal tending is better now...so that difference maybe negligible.
Also, he might be a Lindros in disguise...and I want no part of that.
The Rangers had him take a physical, and they passed, which tells me something is up.
Plus he's going to Columbus, who really don't have a shot which tells me that of the 3 teams he was speaking with, Columbus was the last of the bunch who would take a chance.

Good luck Mike...hope it doesn't bite us on the ass later in the year!

No comments: